Sunday, February 13, 2011

Shocked Amazed... Who could ask for more? Happy valentines day!!

We had the most fantastic weekend!!  Guess what we did??  We went to the Bernese Mountain Dog Club of the Greater Twin Cities. I honestly couldn't think of a better weekend then hang out with my dog and other peoples. Yep I'm a crazy dog lady and I won't deny it :-)

We learned about Berner Garde. For those that don't know about Berner Garde, it is an online data base that breeders and pet owners can place health information about dogs.   At the clinic we learned about how important it is not just for breeders to enter information, but also the pet owners(even if you never show your dog put in the info).  It gives feedback to your breeder about the kind of dogs they are producing and gives future buyers information about the kind of dogs your breeder is producing.  This feedback is ensuring a better future for the Bernese!! Please please do it.  It takes like 15-20 minutes.

At the meeting I also saw a demonstration of the most trained puppy in the world.. this puppy was AMAZING showing off his competitive obedience skills (his age was like 4-5 months old I'm guessing.. it was crazy!!).  But the thing that impressed me most was not that puppy but my own!! Aspen was a different dog... He was playing and romping and yes letting people pet him!!!!!  Why now? Why here?  WHO CARES!!  I was watching this presentation and Aspen is laying on his SIDE by my feet!!  I was in heaven.. seriously!!

HUGE HUGE HUGE THANKS TO THOSE THIS WEEKEND!!  It meant the world to me!!  I talked to a lady ( I'm bad with names but I will learn her name next time) who did rescue. She shared her story of her rescue dog that took a very long time to get socialized and today this dog was wagging its tail and begging for pets!! I LOVE IT!!   I can't wait until play pals in March!!

In addition we stopped at CupCake YUMMMM!!  No Aspen didn't get one :-(
Photo taken by Ray of course.

This is him riding in the back like he always does.  We did get him a seat belt at REI that day too.


Thanks for Reading HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment