Friday, February 11, 2011

The problem with little dogs..



I really like all dogs but I don't particularly care for small dog owners.  Here's why... people who get small dogs get them for a reason.  They don't want pet ownership to be work. NEWS FOR THOSE FOLKS IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!!   I have found there is a major lack in training with smaller breed dogs!!  Just because your dog is small does not mean it doesn't need manners.

For example, Aspen and I were on our way to his grooming apt.  I had a paper due that day so we were going to be exactly one time.  As I pulled out of the drive way a small white dog darted out of the drive way next to ours and began chasing my car.  Half way up the culdesac I put my car in park.. I couldn't see him and I really didn't want to run him over.  When I got out our neighbor slowly walked out.  When she tried to pick him up he would run away and continue to bark.  She told me oh he is so cute!! Then she laughs at his several attempts to get away.  I thought to myself WHAT??  This is NOT cute it's very annoying/hazardous and now because we had to stop to avoid running him over I am inconvenienced with being late.   I told her several times I was very afraid I was going to run her dog over but I just got the impression that it went in one ear and out the other... sigh!!

A dog that is not reliable to be off leash is dangerous plain and simple.  It's almost worse for the smaller dogs because you can't see them.  Imagine if I had accidently run him over I would have felt awful!!  I would have felt awful because of someone else's carelessness with their dog.  This has to stop!!  People with little dogs get out their and train your dogs and if you dog is no reliable get a fence!

Above is Aspen's cousin Kirby( a half pomeranian half poodle)  I give my sister a hard time about getting a little dog but he is very nicely trained for a puppy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment