Saturday, April 16, 2011

Just a dog!?!?!


This isn't my quote but it's exactly how I feel....


"From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog", or
"that's a lot of money for just a dog".
They don't understand the distance traveled, the TIME spent, or the
costs involved for "just a dog."
Some of my PROUDEST moments have come about with "just a dog."
 Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog,"
If you, too, think it's "just a dog", then you will probably understand phrases like
"JUST A FRIEND", " just a sunrise", or "just a promise".
"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy.
"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.
Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.
It's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.
"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself
and the worries of the day.
I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that
gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a woman".
So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog" just smile, because they
"just" don't understand."
-Anonymous


My "just" a dog JUST PASSED HIS OBEDIENCE CLASS!! I'M SO PROUD OF HIM!!



5 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite poems.

    Congrats on passing your obedience class !!! Wonderful news :)
    Was it your clicker training class? How are you liking clicker training?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim!! Yes it was :-) It's been awesome. I'm hooked!! We didn't take the class so much for actual obedience but rather socialization (we did get a perfect heel out of it though!!). He was actually walking up to the instructors and taking treats!! No other method of training has been able to do that for him!! Hopefully one day we will be able to pass the CGC but we have some work to do. His next class starts in May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so good to hear Erika! You will get to that CGC, one step at a time :)
    I am happy that Aspen has come so far from when you first started your blog. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! Good job to both of you!

    ReplyDelete