Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Visit to the Vet...

Aspen is still having tummy trouble :-(  Tomorrow he will go back in for a blood test.  It will be sent to the Gastrointestinal Laboratory at Texas A&M University and we should get the results back within the next seven days.  We are looking for any major problems... issues with a pancreas liver etc. Before we make any food changes our vet wants to rule out additional problems.  If this rules out all of that a biopsy may need to be taken.  This is SO EXPENSIVE it ranges from $800-$1000!! I seriously wanted to cry in the Vet office today but I held it in.  She did say that Texas A&M might still take him in a study that is being done on other young dogs that have similar issues. If this happens they would help pay  for some of the cost  of the biopsy.  I really hope so!!  I'm resourceful though and we will do whatever we need to do.  I just hope whatever his problem is we can fix it!!  I want answers and I need answers.  In the mean time after 8pm tonight he needs to fast. Ha I don't know if I'm an awful dog mom or what but he usually gets fed around 5pm and then again in the morning varies but usually 930ish.  This test really shouldn't affect him at all :-)  After he gets his blood drawn he will be put back on a low dose of the Metronidazole.  So cross your fingers for Aspen that this is not a serious problem!!  Then we can start posting about happy stuff :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment