Sunday, March 11, 2012

I had the best day with you today~

As promised we have some photos to share... Aspen had a blast and I could see in his eyes how much fun he was having.  He would run off and chase the other dogs, swim and play then dash back for a pet and off to play again.

Initially I have to admit I was adamant on NO SWIMMING!!  My reasoning-I didn't think I had a towel along and I didn't have time to clean him up when I got home, but being the softy I am and seeing how much he wanted to go play around and get dirty and wet I gave in. I'm glad I did!  Seeing him so happy and enjoying his life so much is worth every second I have to spend cleaning.

I think it's important to remember that dogs aren't fashion accessories and it's our job as owners parents to ensure that they are enjoying their life to the fullest extent.  How much fun is it to sit and wait for you to come home?  How much fun is it to be tied outside? Is your dog having a blast being shipped around dog show to dog show?  How much fun is it to run through water and mud with all your friends?  It's a good time to say the least :-)

My point in writing this is to have you ask yourself is my dog having the life they deserve?  Are they spending there days doing what they love?  I hope so.

Remember someday when they are gone you want to be able to tell yourself they had a fantastic life and if that means some clean up or extra time I promise it will be worth every second!


"It is not the years in your life but the life in your years that counts." Adlai Stevenson













Think there might be some Newfie in there?? 

 
**Update**


When they play hard they sleep hard too!! My tactic to combating those terrible two's ;-)




3 comments:

  1. i love your blog and have passed on the "Pawsome Blogger" award to you. congratulations- jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, did you have some fun!!!! wish i had been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very happy and contented dog! Love all the photos.

    ReplyDelete